Paul Ferguson likes the look of 7/1 chance Mamlook in the 3.00 at Newton Abbot on Sunday. Compare odds and bet.
Smart dual-purpose performer Mamlook (3:00) has been off the track since disappointing when trying to retain his Chester Cup crown in May, but David Pipe’s seven-year-old can enjoy his biggest success over fences to date by taking the Lord Mildmay Memorial Handicap Chase.
A winner over this sort of trip on his debut of fences in January, where he beat the smart Tullamore Dew, he scored again on at Sandown in March when he had high-class hurdler Starluck back in third.
His last start over fences came in the Red Rum at Aintree and he did well to finish fourth in the end, as the field always looked to be going a stride too quick for him. He stayed on well, leaving the impression the step back up in trip will suit.
With 16 runners, bookmakers are offering ¼ odds to 4 places and the 7/1 on offer with Bet365 on Sunday morning is worth taking.
3:00 Newton Abbot: Mamlook (7/1 Bet365)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)