Monday’s domestic action is pretty run of the mill, but the same can’t be said of the top quality fair on offer over at Deauville, where the brilliant Goldikova bids for a remarkable 15th win at the top level in the Prix Du Jacques Marois.
The mare was beaten in this contest on testing ground last year, however, and she will again find the conditions against her today. At a much bigger price I could see Planteur going well, but the drop in trip is a concern, so I’m heading to the Group 2 Prix Guillaume D’Ornano for the day’s selection.
Golden Lilac (2:20) looked a top-class filly when winning the French 1,000 Guineas and did us a favour when backing that up in the Prix De Diane, at the main expense of one of today’s rivals Galikova.
Andre Fabre’s unbeaten daughter of Galileo takes on the boys here, but the main worry is that the heavy ground will blunt her tremendous turn of foot. She has won on ground described as very soft, however, and it is worth taking a chance on her as she really does look like a filly out of the top drawer.
Deauville 2:20 Golden Lilac
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)