Backing horses in maidens that have already had five runs isn’t always wise, but Aerial Acclaim (7:40) has solid handicap form to his name and should finally get off the mark in Windsor’s Sportingbet.com Maiden Stakes on Monday evening.
Clive Cox’s colt chased home Stage Attraction (handicap winner off 82 at Sandown next time) on his first start at three, before himself finishing third in a Sandown handicap and he also filled the same spot behind Rave and Albaasil in the valuable Deloitte Handicap at Ascot on King George day last time.
Officially rated 80, he deserves to win a race before long and tonight could be the perfect time for him to strike, with his stable in such good order.
The in-form Cox has saddled three winners from his past seven runners.
7:40 Windsor: Aerial Acclaim
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95! Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)