After a very promising racecourse debut at Newmarket last month Ladyship (5:20) is fancied to get off the mark at the second time of asking in the opener at Windsor on Monday evening.
The Oasis Dream filly is the first foal out of the top-class Peeress and the race she ran in is working out well, with fifth home Hello Glory winning at Ascot before finishing third in last week’s Lowther Stakes and the winner Desert Gazelle went on to finish fourth in the Sweet Solera Stakes earlier this month.
Sir Michael Stoute’s two-year-old was keen in the early stages last time and should have come on appreciably for that initial experience. 12 of her 15 opponents are newcomers and unknown quantities, but she sets a very fair standard and should be tough to beat.
5:20 Windsor Ladyship
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)