The feature at Nottingham on Tuesday evening looks a competitive staying handicap, in which it is worth siding with Plato (5:45) who represents the in-form Sir Henry Cecil.
The Newmarket trainer saddled two runners on Sunday, both of which won, and his four-year-old has shaped well without winning on all three starts this season, looking as though a handicap will come his way very soon.
Any rain that eases the ground would enhance his chance and, while the Bago colt hasn’t officially won since landing a maiden at Newmarket last August, he did carry Lorna Fowler to success in the St Patrick’s Day Derby, the charity contest at the Cheltenham Festival in March.
The selection was trading at 11/2 on Monday evening.
5:45 Nottingham Plato
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95! Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)