Having featured in this column on his last four outings, I’m loathed to oppose Rajnagan (7:40) after winning three of those four starts, and Paul Webber’s improving seven-year-old is fancied to strike again at Newmarket tonight.
The chestnut has made giant strides over hurdles since the spring and he made a winning return to the Flat at Newbury 12 days ago, for which he carries a 6lb penalty this evening.
He looks capable of further improvement on the level and, with Kieren Fallon taking over in the saddle, there should be plenty more to come. He can certainly win again off his current mark.
7:40 Newmarket Rajnagan
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95! Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)