After running his best race this season at Newbury last month Spensley (4:00) looks ready to get back to winning ways at Leicester on Tuesday.
James Fanshawe’s five-year-old won at the track in October 2009, which was his last success on turf, and he rattled up a hat-trick on the all-weather at Kempton between September and November last year.
The second of those victories was a defeat of the smart Modun, so off 2lb lower he has to be of interest in this company.
The Dr Fong gelding travelled well last time, before failing to find as much as looked likely, though the ground may have been softer than ideal and today’s quicker ground should be more suitable.
The selection was trading at 6/1 with Hills & Boylesports last night and he should be hard to kick out the frame under the in-form Hayley Turner.
4:00 Leicester Spensley
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)