Having missed the Sprint Cup due to a bad scope and with him tackling 5f for the first time, there are sure to be plenty wanting to take on Deacon Blues (3:40) at Newbury this afternoon, but James Fanshawe’s improving four-year-old looks a class apart and can complete the four-timer, despite the negatives.
The easy ground is very much in his favour and he was extremely impressive here in July, before following up in effortless fashion at the Curragh last month.
Labarinto (3:05) is another who won’t be inconvenienced by prevailing conditions, as Sir Michael Stoute’s Dansili colt won his maiden on soft ground last September.
The three-year-old has rock-solid handicap form to his name this season and he looked one to follow when picking up impressively to score at Glorious Goodwood last time.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)