It’s good to be back and, as Mahmood Al Zarooni has been in fine form whilst I’ve been away, it is worth assuming Dubai Prince (3:10) will be fit enough to land the 1m1f conditions stakes at Newbury on Friday.
The Shamardal colt looked a high-class prospect when winning both starts at two for Dermot Weld, beating Irish Derby second Seville on debut before landing the Group 3 Killavullan Stakes at Leopardstown when last seen in October.
Forced to miss a Classic campaign earlier in the season, there is still plenty of time to make his mark for Godolphin and the three-year-old can make a winning debut in the royal blue silks.
The selection was trading at 6/5 overnight, but it is hoped that the doubts about his wellbeing will make him ease in the betting on Friday morning.
3:10 Newbury Dubai Prince
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)