The highlight of another average Monday is the Totepool Silver Tankard Stakes and Salford Art (3:40), who has the strongest piece of form on offer, is worth supporting despite looking rather exposed after five starts.
David Elsworth’s filly won a Windsor maiden before finishing runner-up in a Newmarket nursery.
The daughter of Derby winner Sir Percy then flopped when upped to a mile for the first time, though that run was too bad to be true and it could be that she failed to act on the soft ground.
Back on a quicker surface last time, she finished 5 lengths off Lyric Of Light when fourth in the Group 1 Fillies’ Mile and, on a literal reading of that form, she should be up to taking a fairly ordinary looking Listed event.
The selection was doing her best work late on again that day, so it is hoped that Paul Hanagan can keep her handy from stall 2 and, at 7/2 on Sunday, she is worth taking a small chance on, on an uninspiring day.
3:40 Pontefract Salford Art (7/2 Boylesports / Paddy Power)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)