Paul Ferguson has one selection for you on Friday from Wetherby; Alan King’s Raya Star in the 14.45 Compare odds.
Wetherby stages the Charlie Hall Chase tomorrow and today’s card includes a couple of Listed events, the Bet365 Handicap Chase and the Wensleydale Juvenile Hurdle.
The former looks a cracking contest, while from a punting point of view Raya Star (2:45) makes more appeal in the slightly less competitive Bet365.com Handicap Hurdle.
Regular readers of my column will know I’m a fan of Alan King’s five-year-old, as I put him up a few times last season, and the son of Milan remains very much of interest off his current mark.
A bumper winner at Uttoxeter, he won a novice hurdle Doncaster in February and ran a blinder on his handicap debut at Aintree last time.
The selection can be keen at times and that probably contributed to him not quite lasting home over 2m4f that day. The drop back in trip should suit and, if Robert Thornton can settle him, he looks sure to play a major role off 120.
Available at 5/1 on Thursday evening, all firms are paying ¼ odds to 3 places for those wanting to play each-way.
2:45 Wetherby Raya Star
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)