The Christmas Parties At Carlisle Racecourse Beginners’ Chase is the most interesting contest on Thursday and, though he ideally wants a longer trip, Aikman (5:00) is taken to score for the in-form James Ewart.
The seven-year-old won a maiden hurdle at Musselburgh and the Sidney Banks at Huntingdon on soft ground during February, though he was quick enough to win a Perth bumper on much quicker ground and a couple of his main opponents, Frascati Park and Bold Sir Brian, also want further.
He was unsuccessful in five starts in Irish points, but he has the look of a chaser and, with a recent hurdles victory under his belt, he is given the nod in a race that should throw up plenty of future winners.
5:00 Carlisle Aikman
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)