With the Flat action end of season stuff, we really could do with some rain to enable the better jumpers to come out and the fact that there are only 36 runners spread over a seven race card at Exeter speaks volumes about the ground.
David Pipe’s Shallow Bay (2:40) was selected here 12 days ago when runner-up over course-and-distance and, with a 7lb pull for a ¾ of a length defeat, he is weighted to reverse form with Numen in what looks a match on paper.
The application of cheek pieces is slightly off-putting but the four-year-old ran well on quick ground on the level and, assuming he can jump a little slicker than he did on debut, it will be disappointing if he can’t land this weak looking event.
2:40 Exeter Shallow Bay (Evs Paddy Power)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)