Paul Nicholls is considering unleashing a couple of exciting prospects at Chepstow tomorrow and he can warm up by saddling King Of The Night (3:30) to land the feature contest at Newton Abbot this afternoon.
Ruby Walsh’s mount is a bumper winner at the course and was impressive when winning first time up at Cheltenham last October.
The seven-year-old scored again after a break at Doncaster in January, indicating he goes best fresh, and he was still travelling well when falling at the Cheltenham Festival. His final start should be ignored and he starts the season on a fair mark.
Up at Carlisle, there is a really interesting novices’ chase, which should be watched closely, but the best bet on the card comes in the extended 2m3f novices’ hurdle and in the shape of Rival D’Estruval (3:20).
Pauline Robson’s six-year-old finally got off the mark at Cartmel in May, but he is better than that bare form would suggest and he ran a cracker here on his hurdles debut last October.
The six-year-old travelled like a dream that day, but he looked rather raw and immature last season, so it is hoped that he has improved physically for his summer break. If he has filled out, he could be an altogether different proposition this year.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)