Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on on Sunday from Carlisle; Cois Farraig (12/1 each-way) at 14:40 Compare odds.
The most interesting races on Sunday are the Group 3 Killavullan Stakes at Leopardstown and the Colin Parker Memorial Intermediate Chase from Carlisle.
The beautifully bred Born To Sea will be a warm order in the feature over in Ireland, but he meets another exciting colt in the shape of Nephrite, who also looked a very smart prospect when winning on debut.
This should be an informative contest, as should the 2m4f event at the Cumbrian track. Charlie Longsdon, who continues to send out the winners, saddles Hidden Keel and the grey may well prove tough to peg back.
He looks short enough, however, when you consider he’s up against Divers and Gilbarry, so from a punting point of view it can pay to take a chance on Cois Farraig (2:40) in the Cumberland Handicap Chase.
Paul Webber’s six-year-old won an Irish point in March 2009 and was a useful novice hurdler the season before last, when the pick of his form included a second behind Oscar Whisky at Sandown.
The son of Karinga Bay won a weak Grade 2 on his second start over fences last season and had earlier showed up well when third to Radium (now rated 146) on debut at Ascot.
His form tailed off after the turn of the year, but he has always been held in high regard and a mark of 128 may well look lenient if he can recapture his form.
Webber sent four horses up to Wetherby yesterday and all four run really well (a first, two seconds and a fourth), so with his stable in fine order it can pay to take a chance on Cois Farraig each-way in this 16-runner handicap. He was trading at 12/1 with several firms on Saturday evening.
2:40 Carlisle: Cois Farraig (12/1 each-way)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)