As long as the rain stays away from Shropshire Mauritino (3:40) is worth supporting in Ludlow’s Jubilee Restaurant & Boxes Handicap Hurdle on Wednesday.
Jonjo O’Neill’s seven-year-old is fit from the Flat, but needs a quick surface to show his true colours and he easily won his last two starts over timber in April.
An effortless winner at Exeter over 2m1f on his last hurdles start, the Dashing Blade gelding has an extra half-mile to contend with this afternoon, but that should be within his compass on a tight track such as this.
Up 11lbs since that Exeter success, a rating of 104 still seems reasonable as Tony McCoy’s mount looked one to keep on the right side of in the spring.
Available at 3/1 (VC) on Tuesday evening, it maybe worth holding fire until nearer post time to take a check on underfoot conditions.
3:40 Ludlow Mauritino (3/1 VC)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)