Paul Ferguson starts the week off with two selections from Kempton; Beyond in the 14.40 and Somersby in the 15.10 Compare odds.
Though he hasn’t won for the best part of two years, it will be disappointing if Somersby (3:10) can’t land Kempton’s Betfair Graduation Chase on Monday.
The seven-year-old ran well in defeat on each start last term and this is easily his best opportunity to score for the first time since his novice chase season. While Aiteen Thirtythree is an interesting second-season chaser, the track and trip should be much more suitable to Henrietta Knight’s stable-star.
Earlier on the card Beyond (2:40) can land the Pertemps Handicap Hurdle on his first start over jumps for David Pipe.
The son of Galileo won a Sandown handicap on the Flat on his debut for Pipe before finishing a fair seventh in the Cesarewitch.
Twice a winner over hurdles for Evan Williams last term, the four-year-old should relish this step up in trip given his recent exploits on the level and he begins the season on a fair mark.
King Of The Night did us a good turn at Newton Abbot earlier in the month, but he’s up 8lbs and may struggle to concede 22lbs to the selection who opened up at 4/1 with Hills on Sunday evening.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)