Paul Ferguson has two selections on Thursday from Stratford; Shuil Royale in the 3.50 and Sybarite in the 4.20 Compare odds.
David Arbuthnot could send out last season’s smart novice Topolski in a valuable handicap hurdle at Ascot on Saturday and the trainer, who has moved stables since last season, can land Stratford’s novice hurdle this afternoon with Shuil Royale (3:50).
The six-year-old, who was two from two in bumpers, was also a smart novice last season and this is his last chance to run in this company, before he will be forced in to handicaps.
A winner at Kempton on his second outing over timber, a mark of 120 may well underestimate him once he does go handicapping and he can land this before connections make further plans.
The 2m7f beginners’ chase went the way of the ill-fated Tell Massini last year and it will be disappointing if Sybarite (4:20) can’t strike for Nigel Twiston-Davies, who saddled Viking Blond to win a competitive novice chase at Chepstow earlier in the week.
The son of Dark Moondancer, who won a Uttoxeter bumper on his racecourse debut last September, failed to score in three starts over hurdles, but he did finish runner-up to Champion Court in a Grade 2 on debut and also filled the second spot behind the exciting Chablais at Kempton in January.
Below par in the Albert Bartlett on his final outing, the five-year-old is held in high regard and can win for the first time over obstacles. The presence of useful handicapper Five Star Wilsham should ensure he isn’t too short.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)