Paul Ferguson has two selections from Chepstow for us on Tuesday; Alfie Spinner in the 3.40 and Barney Cool at 5.40 Compare odds.
A really interesting card at Chepstow on Tuesday, where Paul Nicholls saddles a couple of interesting runners in both divisions of the novice hurdle for Graham Wylie and J P McManus also has a couple of interesting handicappers lining up in the shape of Well Hello There, who won last week, and chasing debutant Fishoutofwater.
The 3m novice chase is a cracking contest, too, and Alfie Spinner (3:40) may be up to landing the prize for Nick Williams, who is set to saddle Diamond Harry in Saturday’s Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby.
A useful handicap hurdler, the six-year-old has always looked a chaser and could improve now he goes over the larger obstacles.
David Pipe’s Barney Cool (5:40) looked a useful prospect when winning at Fontwell in May and could be up to defying a penalty in the bumper under Tom Scudamore.
The four-year-old, who should appreciate the more galloping track and the longer trip, looked rather green on debut and can be expected to be more streetwise this time around.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)