Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Solix in the 1.35 (Ascot) and Molotof in the 2.30 (Haydock) Compare odds.
With three interesting newcomers off the Flat and impressive Kempton winner Plenty Pocket in opposition Molotof (2:30) won’t have things all his own way in Haydock’s Listed novice hurdle on Friday, but Nicky Henderson’s second-season novice is still fancied to defy the penalty under Tony McCoy.
Runner-up to Zarkandar in the Adonis Hurdle on his British debut last year, the four-year-old got off the mark at Wincanton recently at a time when the majority of the stable’s runners were needing their first start.
If that’s the case and he steps forward once again, he will be difficult to beat. The selection was trading at a best price 11/10 with Bet365 on Thursday evening.
Henderson can enjoy further success down at Ascot, where Simonsig is likely to take all the beating in the opening novice hurdle. The Irish import faces little in the shape of meaningful opposition however (and will no doubt be very short indeed), so it is best left to Solix (1:35) to complete the double in the beginners’ chase.
The five-year-old arrived from France with a tall reputation last year and he shaped really well over this trip in the Coral Cup last time, off a lofty mark of 152.
The son of Al Namix has always been considered as a high-class chaser in waiting and he can strike at the first time of asking under Barry Geraghty. He was trading at 10/11 on Thursday evening, though there was plenty of money about for Duke Of Lucca, so it is hoped he touches at least Evs on Friday morning.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)