Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Texas Jack (12.55 Clon) and Cucumber Run (2.30 Ludl) Compare odds.
Nicky Henderson seems to have kick started his season this week, with his last five runners being successful, and he can strike at Ludlow on Thursday with Cucumber Run (2:30) in the beginners’ chase.
The six-year-old won twice over hurdles last term, latterly beating yesterday’s Exeter winner Easter Meteor at Hereford, and he can make a winning start over fences.
Over in Ireland Noel Meade continues to bang in the winners and his Texas Jack (12:55) can maintain his 100% record in the opening novice hurdle at Clonmel.
The Goffs Land Rover Bumper winner made a pleasing debut over timber last month and, though he carries his head rather unattractively, the five-year-old looks capable of making a big splash this term.
He opened up at 5/4 with Paddy Power on Monday evening and I had expected him to be trading at odds on.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)