Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Golden Chieftain (2.20 Exeter) and Distime (3.10 Bangor) Compare odds.
All eyes will be on Bangor on Tuesday, where Champion Hurdle second Peddlers Cross makes his eagerly awaited debut over fences in the Golden Bear Novices’ Chase.
It is very much hoped that everything goes to plan for Donald McCain’s stable-star, but from a punting point of view Distime (3:10) is the most interesting runner on the card and can take the Imagine Appeal Novices’ Hurdle for John Quinn.
The five-year-old showed useful form in bumpers last term and ran a race full of promise on his debut over hurdles at Aintree recently.
Despite being a former points winner, the drop back in trip shouldn’t pose Dougie Costello’s mount too many problems, as he travelled strongly and showed lots of pace last time.
Down at Exeter Golden Chieftain (2:20) is worthy of support in the Injured Jockeys Fund Novices’ Chase for Colin and Joe Tizzard.
A smart novice hurdler last term, the six-year-old relishes soft ground so any further rain would enhance his claims and he looks the type to improve once again now he goes over fences.
A winner at the track in February, the fact that Tizzard hasn’t saddled a winner this month slightly tempers enthusiasm, but the selection is an exciting prospect and hopefully his class will see him home in front. He opened up 11/4 with Bet365 on Tuesday evening and that seems more than fair.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)