Paul Ferguson is siding with Gary Moore’s Megastar today in the 14.50 at Huntingdon Compare odds.
In what looks effectively a match Megastar (2:50) is fancied to make the most of the 7lbs he receives from Australia Day in Huntingdon’s 2m novices’ chase on Tuesday and take the scalp of the odds on favourite.
Gary Moore’s striking six-year-old made a respectable debut over fences at Ascot recently, until a mistake six from home pretty much put pay to his chances.
A stronger gallop would have helped the son of Kayf Tara settle (has been pretty keen in the past) and, with Paul Webber’s charge sure to set off at a blistering pace, he will get that today.
More emphasis will be put on his jumping, but at the prices (opened up at 2/1 with Boylesports on Monday evening) he is worth backing, as he could be the brightest long-term prospect in the line-up.
2:50 Huntingdon Megastar
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)