Paul Ferguson has a trio of selections for us on Saturday; Pacha Du Polder at Sandown, Silviniaco Conti at Wincanton and Kauto Stone at Down Royal Compare odds.
Paul Nicholls has saddled the winner of Down Royal’s Ladbrokes.com Chase for the past three years and the champion trainer can make it four in row thanks to his exciting French recruit Kauto Stone (2:50).
The five-year-old last won on home soil in the Grade 1 Prix Maurice Gillois, a race won 12 months earlier by Long Run, and the selection was crowned champion four-year-old chaser last year.
He faces no easy task in conceding weight all round, but he could well be in a different league to today’s opposition.
Nicholls saddles eight runners at his local track Wincanton, the pick of which looks to be Silviniaco Conti (2:15) who can land a cracking renewal of the ToteTenToFollow.co.uk Rising Stars Novices’ Chase.
The five-year-old was the best of the seven runners over hurdles and he jumped really well on his debut over fences when third to Cue Card at Chepstow.
The son of Dom Alco appeared to blow up that day, so with a run under his belt and now up in trip, he ought to be difficult to beat despite there being plenty of strength in opposition. He was trading at 11/8 on Friday evening.
The Champion Trainer can complete an across-the-card treble at Sandown with another French import Pacha Du Polder (1:20) who is fancied to win the match against Eradicate in the 2m beginners’ chase.
His sole opponent was a useful hurdler, but he may struggle to concede 8lbs to the four-year-old who looked a nice young prospect when winning at Enghien in March.
1:20 Sandown: Pacha Du Polder (8/13 Bet365)
2:15 Wincanton: Silviniaco Conti (11/8 Boylesports)
2:50 Down Royal: Kauto Stone (5/2 Blue Square)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)