Paul Ferguson fancies the chances of 4/1 shot Grove Pride in the 14:25 at Carlisle on Monday afternoon Compare odds.
Grove Pride (2:25) can make the long journey north worthwhile for Henry Daly and Andrew Tinkler, by taking the Christmas Parties At Carlisle Racecourse Novices’ Hurdle, in the colours of Trevor Hemmings.
Runner-up on his sole start in Ireland, when 4 lengths off the talented but quirky Mississippi River, the six-year-old caught the eye when third in a Chepstow bumper on his debut for current connections in April.
The winner, Theatre Guide, went on to run well in a valuable bumper at Fairyhouse and the runner-up, Magnifique Etoile, has already this season run away with a bumper and a maiden hurdle.
The selection looked as though he’d appreciate a trip over hurdles, but the testing ground and stiff track at Carlisle should ensure this is enough of a test of stamina.
2:25 Carlisle: Grove Pride: Early Price; 4/1 Bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)