Paul Ferguson goes for three Cheltenham picks today; A Media Luz (2.20), Fingal Bay (3.30) and Montbazon (4.00) Compare odds.
Nicky Henderson and Barry Getaghty can take Sunday’s feature Greatwood Hurdle with A MEDIA LUZ (2:20) who shaped with great promise on her seasonal return at Ascot recently.
The classy ex-Flat performer cruised the front before seemingly blowing up when third to Brampour.
She can be keen, but there’s bound to be plenty of pace on here and at 12/1 on Saturday evening she represents cracking each-way value.
Later on the card the classy FINGAL BAY (3:30) can maintain his 100% record in the Grade 2 novice hurdle. Philip Hobbs’s son of King’s Theatre won a heavy ground Exeter bumper by 22 lengths on debut and made a big impression when landing the Persian War at Chepstow on his hurdles bow last month.
The concluding bumper looks a hot race on paper, but MONTBAZON (4:00) has already proved himself a classy performer in this sphere and can strike before Alan King sends him hurdling.
The four-year-old bumped into Champion Bumper winner Cheltenian on debut and Friday’s novice hurdle winner Steps To Freedom at Aintree on Grand National day in April.
Sandwiched in between was an impressive victory in the valuable sales race at Doncaster. If he’s improved over the summer, he ought to be tough to beat.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)