Paul Ferguson looks to Plumpton for his opening selection of the week; Megstar in the 1.30 Compare odds.
Pulled out at Huntingdon last Tuesday due to the ground, connections of Megastar (1:30) will clearly be hopeful that the rain stays away from Plumpton so their six-year-old can take his chance in the 2m4f novices’ chase.
If allowed to run, he faces a stiff task in getting the better of impressive Carlisle winner Notus De La Tour, but in receipt of 7lbs he is worth chancing at the prices; the selection opened up at 11/4 with Boylesports on Sunday evening whilst the favourite traded as short as 4/7.
Gary Moore’s striking son of Kayf Tara was a useful novice hurdler last term, having shown high-class bumper form the season before, and he shaped with promise on his chasing debut at Ascot recently.
1:30 Plumpton Megastar (11/4 Boylesports)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)