Paul Ferguson has another selection for us today; Ben De Haan’s Fidelis in the 3.00 at Folkestone Compare odds.
Ben De Haan’s sole runner this month was successful at Uttoxeter on Saturday and the Lambourn trainer brings back a useful prospect in the shape of Fidelis (3:00) at Folkestone on Tuesday.
The grey did us a favour when winning at Huntingdon last October when he looked a young chaser worth following.
The son of Great Palm, sire of Saturday’s big race winner Great Endeavour, has been off the track since, but his connections have found him a very winnable contest on his return and he will be tough to beat under a 5lb rise, assuming he’s near peak fitness (the market should prove informative, he opened up at 13/8 last night).
3:00 Folkestone Fidelis
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)