Paul Ferguson has two selections for us today; Grandouet in the 12.15 (Ascot) and Oscar Whisky in the 2.45 (Haydock) Compare odds.
Nicky Henderson enjoyed a red-letter day yesterday and, after providing us with a Friday double, it’s a case of more of the same this afternoon.
The Lambourn trainer is set for another big day with Gold Cup hero Long Run making his eagerly awaited return in the Betfair Chase, but Oscar Whisky (2:45) isn’t far from the top of the Seven Barrows pecking order and he is fancied to land Ascot’s Coral Hurdle.
The six-year-old faces no easy task in conceding 8lbs to the likes of Overturn and King Of The Night, but with conditions ideal and his stable in red-hot form, he can show he is still improving by taking this valuable prize.
Up at Haydock stable nerves ahead of the big race can be settled as early as the opening contest, where Grandouet (12:15) can land the Betfair Hurdle.
Tony McCoy’s mount would surely have picked off Celestial Halo in the Elite Hurdle at Wincanton a fortnight ago but for diving at the second last and he can gain compensation against his own age group here.
The strong traveller should settle a little better this afternoon, with that first run under his belt and, like Oscar Whisky, he can defy his Grade 1 penalty.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)