Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today from Chepstow; Colin Tizzard’s Ohio Gold in the 13.15 Compare odds.
The market should prove informative with regards to the chances of newcomers from top yards Merrion Square and Nutin Fancy, but Ohio Gold (1:15) sets a fair standard and can finally get off the mark in Chepstow’s opener on Wednesday.
The five-year-old failed to score in six outings over hurdles last year and I actually put him up in this very race 12 months ago, when he finished third to the smart Sonofvic.
The son of Flemensfirth, who tends to travel well through his races, went on to chase home Grand National winner Ballabriggs at Wincanton and he finished eighth in the Neptune Investment on his final outing.
Colin Tizzard reports that he has strengthened up over the summer and he looks sure to win a race of this nature before too long.
1:15 Chepstow Ohio Gold
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)