Paul Ferguson is siding with a David Pipe charge at Uttoxter on Wednesday; Poole Master in the 12.40 Compare odds.
Though he’s been off the track for a while Poole Master (12:40) is worth taking a chance on in the opening maiden hurdle at Uttoxeter on Wednesday.
David Pipe’s six-year-old won a bumper at the track a year ago and went on to finish fourth in a warm maiden on his hurdles debut at Newbury in mid-December.
Winner Minella Class won the Tolworth on his next start, runner-up Red Merlin won his last three and third home Pateese won a maiden at Ffos Las in January and hacked up in a Sandown handicap at the start of this month, after which he was sent off favourite for the Greatwood Hurdle.
The selection fractured his knee in that contest, so he is a slightly risky proposition, though David Pipe is unlikely to risk him unless he is happy he is fit enough.
Nicky Henderson’s recent bumper winner Open Hearted is likely to open up as favourite, but the runner-up failed to advertise the form when well beaten when unseating her rider at Bangor on Saturday.
The value, therefore, may well lie with Poole Master who sets a fair standard on that Newbury fourth.
12:40 Uttoxeter Poole Master
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)