Paul Ferguson has one selection from Taunton ahead of the New Year weekend; Black Thunder in the 12.40. Compare odds.
With Haydock needing to pass an 8am inspection on Friday morning I’m focusing on Taunton’s card, which is packed with interesting and competitive novice hurdles.
The opening contest, the first division of the extended 2m3f event, can go the way of Black Thunder (12:40) for Paul Nicholls and Daryl Jacob.
A bumper winner at Newton Abbot in May, the four-year-old made a most promising debut over hurdles at Sandown on Tingle Creek day when splitting Tetlami and Knight Pass, both winners at Kempton on Boxing Day.
There are a number of interesting opponents including Emma Lavelle’s Captain Sunshine, but a reproduction of that Sandown run ought to be good enough and there is every chance he will improve for the step up in trip.
12:40 Taunton Black Thunder
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)