Paul Ferguson brings us one selection from the opener at Hexham today; Bold Sir Brian in the 12.20 Compare odds.
Despite being a shade disappointing last time Bold Sir Brian (12:20) ought to get off the mark at the third time of asking over fences on Wednesday, assuming Hexham passes an 8am inspection.
Lucinda Russell’s five-year-old was a Grade 2 winner over hurdles last season and, though he ideally wants further than today’s extended 2m trip, the anticipated heavy ground will bring his stamina into play.
A reproduction of his second to Frascati Park at Carlisle in October ought to be good enough in this grade.
12:20 Hexham Bold Sir Brian
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)