Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on New Years Eve for odds on punters; Fingal Bay in the 3.05 at Newbury Compare odds.
Despite there being six meetings in Britain and Ireland, the New Year’s Eve action lacks a little in comparison to the standard we’ve come to expect on a Saturday, with the pick of the action coming from Newbury.
The extended 2m2f novices’ chase is the best race on the card and should prove an informative contest, but the most exciting horse on show at the Berkshire track is without doubt the unbeaten Fingal Bay (3:05) who is impossible to oppose in the Grade 1 Challow Hurdle, despite trading at a best 1/3 with Stan James this morning.
Philip Hobbs’s five-year-old goes from strength to strength and probably doesn’t face anything here of the class of Simonsig, who he was too strong for at Sandown last time.
Nicky Henderson has another crack at the son of King’s Theatre, this time with the unbeaten Top Of The Range, and he could be the pick of the remainder. He looked good on his hurdles debut, albeit at a much lower level, and it wouldn’t be a huge surprise to see him run a big race.
Fingal Bay: 3.05 Newbury
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)