Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday, both at Sandown; Knight Pass at 12:55 and Al Ferof at 13.55, Compare odds.
Though he faces no easy task under his 7lb penalty Knight Pass (12:55) is taken to land Sandown’s opening novices’ hurdle and make it two from two over timber.
Warren Greatrex’s five-year-old was a smart bumper performer last year and translated his ability to the jumping game when winning easily at Exeter recently.
Two from two for today’s pilot Noel Fehily, the son of Accordion will need to step up again here against some promising types and he looks up to the task.
Last season’s Supreme Novices’ Hurdle winner Al Ferof (1:55) made an impressive start to his chasing career at Cheltenham last month and should follow up in the Henry VIII Novices’ Chase, a race that runs under Grade 1 stature for the first time today.
Paul Nicholls’ grey warmed to the task on debut and eventually ran out an impressive winner from the useful yardstick Astracad.
Second behind Peddlers Cross in the Arkle market, he won’t find many easier opportunities than this at the top level and 4/6 (Betfred) seemed fair on Friday evening, as I expect he’ll go off closer to the 2/1-on mark.
12:55 Sandown: Knight Pass; 5/6 Coral
1:55 Sandown: Al Ferof (4/6 Betfred)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)