Paul Ferguson has another selection today for more Christmas cheer; Florafern in the Ludlow 15.10. Compare odds.
After Monday’s and Tuesday’s sole selections being pulled-out, all I want for Christmas is a runner, never mind a winner.
Assuming she’s not yet another non-runner Florafern (3:10) is fancied to land the mares’ novice hurdle at Ludlow on Wednesday.
Oliver Sherwood’s six-year-old has yet to win a race, but finished runner-up in all three bumpers (showing solid form against her own sex) and, after falling on her debut over hurdles, she ran a cracker when runner-up at Huntingdon recently.
The winner Hit The Headlines is highly thought of and it looked an above average contest for a midweek contest at the track; a reproduction of that effort should be good enough under similar conditions.
The selection was trading around 6/4 on Betfair last night but, given Nicky Henderson’s fine recent record in the race (won the last two and three of the past four runnings), it is hoped that Brave Alliance might make the market for Leighton Aspell’s mount.
3:10 Ludlow Florafern
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)