Paul Ferguson heads to Taunton today for another Christmas cracker; Swincombe Flame in the 12.30. Compare odds.
The opening event at Taunton on Tuesday sees a couple of smart mares locking horns and, though Elegant Touch is respected after her impressive Lingfield success, preference is for Swincombe Flame (12:30) who won just as easily at Exeter last time.
Nick Williams’s five-year-old won bumpers at Warwick and Sandown last season, latterly in Listed company, and she has made the transition to hurdling, finishing runner-up to a smart sort on debut before winning earlier this month.
She has plenty of form in the book on testing ground and she ought to be tough to beat under Nick Scholfield, who replaces James Reveley who is riding up at Musselburgh.
12:30 Taunton Swincombe Flame
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)