Paul Ferguson has one selection from Catterick today, going into the weekend; Distime in the 14.40. Compare odds.
After selecting him last Saturday before Wetherby was abandoned, I’m sticking with Distime (2:40) at Catterick on Friday.
John Quinn’s useful bumper performer finished runner-up to Barbatos at Aintree on his hurdles debut in October, before going one better at Bangor the following month.
The step back up trip will suit and, given Barbatos has since given Fingal Bay a race at Cheltenham in November and is now rated 139 after winning at the same track on New Year’s Day, the selection looks well treated for this handicap debut.
Given that he pushed Barbatos to a length, a mark of 126 looks potentially lenient and Dean Pratt takes a further 7lbs off. The young jockey has ridden five winners from 14 rides for the stable (36%) so he is clearly up to the task.
The son of Flemensfirth opened up at 10/3 with Bet365 on Thursday evening, but that didn’t last long and I suspect he will be well backed this morning.
2:40 Catterick Distime
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)