Paul Ferguson has another selection for us on Wednesday; Flaming Arrow in the 16.10 at Musselburgh. Compare odds.
The opening couple of races at Hereford are interesting with the future in mind, as is the concluding bumper at Musselburgh, in which Flaming Arrow (4:10) is taken to get off the mark at the third time of asking for Kevin Ryan.
The four-year-old lost out by a nose on his racecourse debut at Wetherby, form that has since been franked by the winner who followed up impressively at Hereford earlier this month.
The son of Sadler’s Wells went on to finish sixth in a Listed contest at Cheltenham on New Year’s Day and he will appreciate both the drop in grade and the step up to 2m.
Irish raiders Sparville and Spring Lane are likely to pose a threat, but Flaming Arrow has already done enough to suggest he can win a race of this nature and shouldn’t have to improve much on the form he has already shown.
4:10 Musselburgh Flaming Arrow
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)