Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Bank Holiday Monday; Robin De Creuse (1:05) at Folkestone. Compare odds.
After all the top-class racing over the Festive period it’s no wonder if the quality slackens off for a few days and today’s action isn’t the best.
Alan King’s juveniles are kicking in to gear and he introduces another French recruit in the opener at Plumpton. He is very much one to note with the future in mind, but as far as today’s selection goes, that comes in the shape of Robin De Creuse (1:05) at Folkestone.
Philip Hobbs’s six-year-old ran well on a couple of occasions last year without winning over hurdles, but he won’t get many better opportunities to get on the score-sheet than this maiden chase this afternoon.
The tissue price on Sunday evening of 4/5 would appear fair and it will be hugely disappointing if he can’t dispose of these four rivals to get off the mark on his tenth career start.
1:05 Folkestone: Robin De Creuse
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)