Paul Ferguson is back to action at Southwell racecourse today; he selects Keep Kicking in the 15.10. Compare odds.
Southwell stages a decent jumps card on Wednesday where Keep Kicking (3:10) is worth supporting in the National Hunt Maiden Hurdle.
The five-year-old landed a gamble (25/1 into 9/4) when winning a Sedgefield bumper for Clive Mulhall during Cheltenham week last March, the form of which was boosted when runner-up Matthew Riley went on to finish fourth in the Grade 2 at Aintree the following month.
The son of Tiger Hill joined Jonjo O’Neill in the close season and made a pleasing debut for his current connections when runner-up in a Sandown bumper under a 7lb penalty.
That might not have been the strongest contest by the tracks standards, but it was still a fine effort and the fact he has form on soft ground bodes well for this afternoon.
If he translates his bumper form to hurdles, he ought to be a tough nut to crack on this debut over timber, with in-form jockey Dougie Costello (won each of his last three rides) an interesting booking.
3:10 Southwell Keep Kicking
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)