Paul Ferguson kicks off the weekwith one selection from Monday’s Taunton meeting; Master Fiddle in the 14.10. Compare odds.
Heavily backed on his chasing debut at Newbury on Hennessy day Master Fiddle (2:10) let his supporters down when giving Barry Geraghty no chance of staying in the saddle down the back straight, but the seven-year-old can recoup losses at Taunton on Monday.
The chestnut won a bumper at Market Rasen and a novice handicap hurdle at Newbury, but he has always been viewed upon as a chaser and a mark of 122 underestimates his ability.
There is no doubting he can win off this mark and, though this race looks a hot novices’ limited handicap for a Monday at Taunton, he is given another chance.
The selection opened up at 4/1 with VC and 3/1 with Hills on Sunday evening, though I doubt that will be around on Monday morning. After the money that came for him last time, expect him to be well backed once again (so get on as early as possible) and he looks to have Rangitoto to beat.
Nicky Henderson sends just two runners to the track and it won’t be a massive surprise if he comes away with two winners, though Darlan will be pretty short and the form of his most recent success at Cheltenham hasn’t worked out.
Both the second and the third have been well beaten, so he is best watched at the likely odds, though he is clearly well regarded as Tony McCoy looked pretty gutted when he got off him last time, despite maintaining his 100% record. He looks capable of better in a strongly run race.
Jump City has useful form to his name in better company and will enjoy the drop in trip, whilst Giordano Bruno was a high-class bumper horse a few years back but hasn’t been seen for 1010 days. This looks an informative contest and one worth watching closely.
2:10 Taunton Master Fiddle
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)