Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday; Chartreux 2.00 Hereford and Flemenstar 13:10 Naas. Compare odds.
The lightly raced Chartreux (2:00) makes his chasing debut at Hereford on Sunday and David Pipe’s seven-year-old is fancied to strike at the first of asking.
A former winning Irish pointer, he won a bumper at Warwick and a maiden hurdle at Ffos Las before flopping in the Albert Bartlett.
Only seen twice last term, he caught the eye behind stable-mate Ashkazar on New Year’s Day before again disappointing at the Festival.
It could be that he needs soft ground, which he will get today and, as he’s gone fresh in the past, today could be the time to catch him. He faces a decent opponent in the shape of Brackloon High, but he didn’t jump particularly well on debut and a clear round should be good enough for Chartreux.
Over in Ireland Naas stages a cracking novice chase where Lambro takes on Flemenstar (1:10) and preference is for the latter, despite the fact that Lambro beat him over hurdles last April.
The selection was hugely impressive when winning last time, having earlier chased home the potentially top-class Bog Warrior.
He clearly relishes testing ground and has jumped soundly to date over the larger obstacles. Over the trip, he should have the edge over his old rival.
1:10 Naas: Flemenstar (5/4 Boylesports / Ladbrokes / Bet365)
2:00 Hereford: Chartreux (9/10 Victor Chandler)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)