Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today, Philip Hobbs’ Big Easy in the 15.25 at Bangor; Compare odds and bet
Philip Hobbs has his string in fine form at present and the trainer can land Bangor’s feature Weatherbys Bloodstock Insurance Handicap Hurdle this afternoon with the unexposed Big Easy (3:25).
The novice was a three-times winner on the Flat in France and got off the mark over hurdles for current connections in a handicap at Doncaster last month.
The five-year-old finished strongly that day, indicating there was plenty of scope for improvement and a 13lb rise in the weights may not be enough to stop him following up.
Richard Johnson’s mount will need to hurdle more fluently than last time, but today’s bigger field should ensure a stronger gallop, which should help on that front. Paul Webber’s Cantlow drops in class and looks the most likely danger, though he may find the trip on the sharp side, so preference is for the lightly-raced Big Easy.
3:25 Bangor-On-Dee Big Easy (5/2 Paddy Power, Hills, Bet365)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)