Paul Ferguson gives us another selection on Tuesday, Blues And Twos in the 4:00 at Leicester; Compare odds and bet
Emma Lavelle and Noel Fehily cemented their new partnership with the weekend victories of Claret Cloak at Sandown on Friday and Chariot Charger at Fontwell on Sunday and the pair team up with the unexposed Blues And Twos (4:00) this afternoon in Leicester’s Rutland Water Novices’ Chase.
The six-year-old, who finished runner-up on his sole start in an Irish point, was one from one over hurdles last term and he was pitched in at the deep end on his chasing debut at Ascot in November.
Facing the smart pair of Solix and Duke Of Lucca, both winners since, the son of Presenting made a couple of errors before coming down three out, but he did show plenty of promise and this is a much less demanding contest.
The fact Lavelle has given him plenty of time to get over those mistakes and his fall is a positive, so he is worth chancing in a race that looks distinctly winnable.
4:00 Leicester Blues And Twos
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)