Paul Ferguson heads North to chilly Carlisle to bring us one selection today; Crowning Jewel in the 2.00. Compare odds and bet
Though he was beaten at short odds last time Crowning Jewel (2:00) looks worthy of support in Carlisle’s opening Cumbrian Novices’ Hurdle with that piece of form looking much better than it did several weeks ago.
Runner-up Into Wain has come out and won twice since, whilst the winner Bourne won the valuable handicap hurdle at Ascot on Saturday off a mark of 125, and the selection was only beaten 2¼ lengths into third.
Keith Reveley’s six-year-old had earlier given the useful Malt Master a race at Newcastle on his hurdles debut at Newcastle in November and that form also looks better now, with the well-beaten third Diamond D’Amour winning by 16 lengths next time.
2:00 Carlisle Crowning Jewel
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)