Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday; Bog Warrior in the 1.50 at Naas and Moonlight Drive in the 2.35 at Musselburgh. Compare odds.
Despite pulling up last time when selected here Moonlight Drive (2:35) is worth another chance in Musselbrugh’s John Smith’s Stayers Handicap Hurdle, with today’s better ground likely to suit.
An impressive winner at Wetherby a year ago, the son of Oscar finished runner-up on his debut over fences in November before disappointing in the mud at Haydock the week before Christmas.
John Quinn’s lightly-raced six-year-old still looks reasonably treated on a mark of 125 and he looked over-priced when some of the firms opened up at 8/1 last night. Still available at 13/2 with Bet365 early on Friday evening, he looked worthy of each-way support with the Stoke based firm paying 1/4 odds.
Over in Ireland Bog Warrior (1:50) should make amends for falling over Christmas in the Opera Hat Novice Chase at Naas.
Tony Martin’s eight-year-old hasn’t got many miles on the clock and proved he is a novice out of the top drawer when beating subsequent three time winner Flemenstar (won the Irish Arkle last time) on debut at Navan, before slamming five opponents in the Grade 1 Drinmore Novice Chase.
The selection was trading at 4/7 with Paddy Power on Friday night and a clear round should suffice for Davy Russell’s mount. By the way, be sure to pay close attention to Russell’s mount in the opening maiden hurdle, Midnight Oil, who was smart on the level and is a very interesting recruit to the winter code.
1:50 Naas Bog Warrior
2:35 Musselburgh Moonlight Drive each-way
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)