Paul Ferguson has one selection for us today from Southwell; Jonjo O’Neill’s It’s A Gimme in the 15.50 at Southwell. Compare odds.
The ante-post market for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham could be in for a shake-up later on this afternoon, with the hugely exciting Simonsig in action at Kelso and Galileo’s Choice running at Fairyhouse.
Both will no doubt be sent off at really short odds, but ensure to watch them both carefully with future engagements in mind and instead the novice hurdler worth backing today is It’s A Gimme (3:50) at Southwell.
Jonjo O’Neill’s five-year-old has to concede upwards of 7lbs to some useful rivals, but his bumper form is good and he hasn’t done much wrong over hurdles so far.
Runner-up to the smart Hazy Tom at Aintree in October, he went one better when winning a warm maiden hurdle at Newbury’s Hennessy meeting the following month, getting the better of the smart Colour Squadron (ought to have won the Grade 1 Tolworth Hurdle last time) and the well-regarded Mono Man.
Beaten under a penalty at Wincanton last time, the son of Beneficial was caught out slightly when the winner got first run and, the way he has finished all three races over hurdles to date, the step up in trip should bring about improvement.
3:50 Southwell It’s A Gimme
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)