Paul Ferguson turns his eye North of the border to Ayr for one selection; Neptune Equester in the 15.40. Compare odds.
Ayr don’t anticipate any problems ahead of their card on Monday and the feature contest, the Play Casino At BetVictor.com Handicap Chase, can go the way of top-weight Neptune Equester (3:40).
Brian Ellison’s nine-year-old was a winner of a much better contest at Haydock in November off 5lbs lower and he has since been plying his trade in even hotter contests.
A fair fifth in the Rowland Meyrick at Wetherby on Boxing Day (Argento Chase winner Midnight Chase finished third) he disappointed when sent off joint favourite for the Classic Chase at Warwick just 23 days ago.
This represents a huge drop in class, however, and, whilst he is clearly better over further, the Grand National entry could easily outclass his rivals this afternoon, with cheek pieces applied for the first time and the booking of Denis O’Regan is an interesting one.
The selection was trading at 3/1 with the sponsors, as well as with Paddy Power and Boylesports, on Sunday evening.
3:40 Ayr Neptune Equester (3/1 VC, Boyles, Paddy Power)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)