Paul Ferguson has two selections from Doncaster for us today; Oscar Nominee (3.00) and Distime (4.05). Compare odds and bet
Despite being slightly disappointing when I selected him last month Distime (4:05) remains a horse of interest off his current mark and is worth another chance in Doncaster’s 32Red.com Handicap Hurdle.
John Quinn’s novice gave the smart Barbatos a race at Aintree on his hurdles debut, before getting off the mark at Bangor in November. Sent off the heavily backed favourite for his handicap debut at Catterick last time, the six-year-old never really travelled for his young jockey and gave the impression a step up in trip wouldn’t go amiss.
The son of Flemensfirth won an Irish point over 3m, which also points to today’s distance being a positive, and he looked a fair each-way play at 13/2 on Tuesday evening.
Earlier on the card Oscar Nominee (3:00) can return to winning ways for Nicky Henderson and Andrew Tinkler in the extended 2m novices’ hurdle.
The son of Old Vic was a 27 length winner on his debut over hurdles at Southwell in early January and he bettered that at Haydock last time, despite finishing last of three in the Grade 2 Rossington Main Novices’ Hurdle.
Just under 3 lengths off Supreme Novice hopeful Cinders And Ashes, the selection barely jumped a hurdle fluently that day, but still stayed on in taking fashion to close in at the line.
The drop in grade should result in him bouncing back to winning form, especially with the better ground likely to be in his favour.
3:00 Doncaster Oscar Nominee
4:05 Doncaster Distime (13/2 each-way Paddy Power)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2011-12
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2011 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Tips Included 40 Leading Prospects: £499.80 profit to a level £10!
- AL FEROF won Supreme Novices’ Hurdle 10-1
- BENSALEM won Stewart Family Handicap 5-1
- BOBS WORTH won A Bartlett 15-8, 4/4 for year
- CAPTAIN CHRIS won Arkle Trophy 6-1
- FIRST LIEUTENANT won Neptune Investment 7-1
- (plus Grade 1 in Ireland 16-1)
- JAMES DE VASSY won Lanzarote Hurdle 8-1
- LONG RUN won King George 9-2, Gold Cup 7-2
- OSCAR WHISKY won Aintree Hurdle 6-1
- Peddlers Cross (Fighting Fifth Hurdle)
- Medermit (Scilly Isles Novices’ Chase)
- FINIAN’S RAINBOW (Maghull Novices’ Chase)
- WISHFULL THINKING (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)